Tuesday, November 10, 2020

CONSTRUCTION: VFX

 After researching horror/thriller films codes and conventions, we found that horror films usually incorporate some form of special effects into their films. We decided to give VFX a try in our trailer. In doing this we took inspiration from "Overlord" and we wanted to show paranormal activity from our monster. I took charge in creating this effect for our trailer. Below is the first rendition of the effect which I built upon to create the final product. 




I used Adobe After Effects to create this effect of the monster (Amy) floating in the air above a mansion. I wanted the monster to "appear" in frame pretty quickly as we planned on having this scene appear for only a few seconds. I used tools within After Effects like 3D Camera Tracker, Puppet Pin tool, and lumetri colour to colour match the silhouette to the footage. 
The 3D Camera Tracker allowed the software to place points within the footage for me to use in order to keep pictures held in a static position. It also allowed me to keep a perspective of the picture so that it can look as naturally placed there as possible. 


1 comment:

  1. This is a genuinely interesting account of your editing as you work out how to contrive a paranormal appearance in your trailer. You have worked hard exploring After Effects and I witnessed the complexity of the work.

    ReplyDelete